Major Water Damage- Waynesville, MO
This flooded basement in Waynesville, MO was a result of a broken pipe while the family had been on vacation. You can see the extent of the water damage; the water was throughout the finished basement and everything was saturated. As you could see in the before pictures the foot prints in the carpet due to all the water. You can see in the picture how SERVPRO of Rolla had to remove the drywall, and the affected carpet. The customer was thrilled with how quickly SERVPRO of Rolla was there on site and begin work.
Some tips that can help you before SERVPRO of Rolla gets to your home:
* Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
*Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
* Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
* Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
* Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
* Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
*Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
* Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
* Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
* Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help 24/7