Choosing The Right Restoration Company
Disasters are devastating. Whether caused by water, fire, or storms they can turn your world upside down in a matter of minutes. Even if your are the strongest of us all, you can begin to feel helpless not knowing where to turn after a catastrophe. But fortunately for you, SERVPRO of Rolla is here and ready to help.
Why SERVPRO? Why not just pick another company? Let's consider this; if you find out that you have life threatening illness that requires surgery, would you not want the surgeon with the most extensive training, experience, and a reputation to be the best to get you back to good health? Well, your property is one of the biggest investment you will make in your lifetime, so it is also very important to have a company with the knowledge, experiences and reputation that you can trust to return your property to its preloss condition.
Three Best Reasons to Use SERVPRO of Rolla
- Training- Here at SERVPRO of Rolla we never stop learning and improving our skills. We are trained to IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) high standards in fire and water cleanup, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning and other cleaning and other courses. Our SERVPRO education is always ongoing to help us succeed.
- Equipment- Our technicians have the professional equipment needed to completely clean and remove the effects of water, mold, soot, smoke, odor and more. Here at SERVPRO of Rolla we keep up on all the latest technology and techniques used in the restoration industry.
- Experience- SERVPRO is not some fly-by-night company. They started over 50 years ago and currently have over 1,700 franchises nationwide.
If ever in need of a disaster restoration company SERVPRO of Rolla is here to help 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holiday's.
SERVPRO: Faster To Any Disaster!
Why choose SERVPRO of Rolla? Here at SERVPRO we are here to help! We're faster to any size disaster whether it is a fire, water, mold, bio-hazard, or storm damage. There is no job that is too big or too small for our team of heroes!
Flooding, fire, storm or water emergencies don't wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. SERVPRO of Rolla provides 24 hour a day, 7 day a week service for our customers including all holidays.
Combining rapid response time, professionalism, with open and effective line of communication, exemplary customer service and many more are reasons why you should choose SERVPRO of Rolla for your next fire or water damage. Come back and check out more blogs informing all as to why you should choose our wonderful team of fully trained technicians that will be hard at work for you anytime of day or night.
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(573)368-5555 We are here to help!
Why SERVPRO? Packout & Content Restoration
Here at SERVPRO of Roll we're the professional pack-out and content restoration company for your home or business.
You've had a minor fire at your place of residence or establishment. One of the many things that crosses your mind is all of your sentimental valuables. Everything is affected: your photos from your favorite holidays, your autographed balls, cards, and signed pictures, your family heirloom, the list goes on and on. Just ruined, or so you think.
When your are faced with something as overwhelming and stressful as that, you need someone to come in and turn that into a stress free situation. That is where our heroes here at SERVPRO of Rolla come in. Our heroes save the day by making it "Like it never even happened."
When you have a fire damage at your home or business, our team can properly pack out your belongings and perform content restoration. We will treat you with respect and empathy, and we will always treat your home or business and belongings with care.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Rolla can conduct an organized, efficient plan of action. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- Quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs.
If you belongings are affected by fire damage, we can restore them with content restoration. SERVPRO of Rolla has expertise and "restore" versus "replace" mentality that can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that cannot be replaced. Our team of professionals will pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to preloss condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents including:
- Dry Cleaning -used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to we cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning -An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can not withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning -used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning -Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning -Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If you ever wonder why SERVPRO, it's because we are the professional pack-out and content restoration company for your home or business.
Let SERVPRO of Rolla be the professionals that will take care of you!
Mold Testing Your Home or Business.
Mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. If you do not see visible mold but are having the worries of mold existing in your home call SERVPRO of Rolla where we can help.
Our professionals here at SERVPRO of Rolla can perform mold testing to ease your worries. Our technicians will perform a few steps in ensuring that air samples and swab samples are taken in areas that are of concern to you.
In our process of mold testing, we will take 3 air-o-cell samples. One outdoor sample to obtain an air analysis to set as a raw count to compare to the indoor air samples. After collection of the samples they are sent off to a independent lab to be read by a PH.D of Microbiology. The results are then sent back to our office and delivered with a complete explanation to our customers.
Call SERVPRO of Rolla for all of your Mold Testing Needs! 573-368-5555
Kitchen Fire Safety
In 2010-2014, U.S. fire department s responded to an average of 166,100 home structure fires that involved cooking equipment per year. These fires caused and average of 480 civilian fire deaths, 5,540 civilian fire injuries, and $1.1 billion in direct property damage.
Here are a few tips on how to prevent kitchen fires and keep your family safe.
- Stay in the kitchen do not leave food unattended on the stove.
- Watch your clothing. Keep long flowing sleeves and large fitting shirts tied back while cooking.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near or in the kitchen
- Do not leave towels or oven mitts close to the hot burner.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detector regularly.
For smoke or fire damage call SERVPRO of Rolla, we are always here to help! 573-368-5555
Steps To Take When Your Business Is Flooding
Do not take a flooded home or business as a lighthearted matter. You should be very serious in your attempts to enter your home after it has been flooded. Keep these in mind after a flood damage in the Phelps County and surrounding areas.
- Disconnect all the Electronics-these can start fires if left on
- Move anything not bolted to the ground-furniture and tables should be moved out
- Have a Restoration Company remove the water-Extraction of water helps with the drying process
- Get rid of moisture in the affected area-dehumidification will help keep the mold from growing
- Disinfect the home-part of the cleaning process is to disinfect the house before rebuilding.
- Dispose of waste responsibly-tearing out items from the home is naturally the case. Remember to take into consideration items with asbestos or you could be fined for disposing of them incorrectly.
When in need call SERVPRO of Rolla, we are here to help 24/7.
Have You Thought About Cleaning Your Ducts Recently?
Did you know that investing in regular air duct cleaning can reduce indoor allergens like dust, pollen and pet dander? Air duct cleaning is vital to cleanliness of the air you breathe in.
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork in your home or business should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
SERVPRO of Rolla provides commercial and residential air duct cleaning that can improve the air quality in your Phelps County home or business.
How often do you need your air ducts cleaned?
It is recommended to get your air ducts cleaned every three to five years. However, if you have elderly family, pets, allergies or young children it may be beneficial to clean your air ducts more often. If you see a lot of dust gathering on furniture just after cleaning, that could be one sign that your air ducts need cleaning.
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which aromatically adapts to the ducts shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and dirt before vacuuming begins
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection bag.
- Air is then filtered through a HEPA filtration system removing 99.97 percent of particles in the air-stream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Always have a replacement filter on hand so that we may change them out at the time of service.
If you have questions about air duct cleaning services for your home or business please give us a call SERVPRO of Rolla at (573)368-5555.
Learn About The 3 Categories Of Water!
Most people think of water is either clean or dirty, but never think of the type of clean or dirty the water actually is. The categories of water refer to the range of contamination in the water, considering both its origin and its quality after it contacts materials present on the job site. Time and temperature can also affect the contaminants,also affecting its category.
Descriptions of Water Categories;
- Category 1- Category 1 water originates from a sanitary water source and does not pose substantial risk from dermal, ingestion, or inhalation exposure. Examples of category 1 water can include but are not limited to; broken water supply lines, tub or sink overflows with no contaminants, appliance malfunctions, involving water-supply lines, melting ice or snow, falling rainwater, broken toilet tanks, or toilet bowls that do not contain contaminates or additives.
- Category 2- Category 2 water contains significant contamination and has the potential to cause discomfort or sickness if contacted or consumed by humans. This water can contain potentially unsafe levels of microorganisms or nutrients for microorganisms, as well as other organic or inorganic matter. Examples of category 2 water can include, but are not limited to; discharge from dishwashers or washing machines, overflows from washing machines, overflows from toilet bowls on the room side of the trap with some urine but no feces, seepage due to hydrostatic pressure, broken aquariums, and punctured water beds.
- Category 3- Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic, or other harmful agents and can cause significant adverse reactions to humans if contacted or consumed. Examples of category 3 water can include, but are not limited to; sewage, wast line backflows that originate from beyond the trap regardless of visible content or color, water resulting from flooding from seawater, rising water from rivers or streams, and other contaminated water entering or affecting the indoor environment, such as wind driven ran from hurricanes, tropical storms, or other weather related events if they carry trace levels of contaminants (e.g., pesticides or toxic organic substances).
Knowing that water has different categories may help you stay safe when a water loss happens in you home or place of business.
Please call SERVPRO of Rolla for all of your emergency service needs. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Things To Check After A Storm Hits.
Its good to check your property even if you do not suspect damage. This can help prevent more problems later on and determine if you need to make an insurance claim.
Siding, stucco and brick are all durable but they can suffer storm damage. You need to check for:
*Cracking, chipping or ding and dents on siding.
*Holes in stucco
*Damaged brick and tuck pointing
*Detach or damaged trim, gutters and etc.
*Holes in the roof
*Leaks in roof or ceiling
You can always count on SERVPRO of Rolla to respond immediately to your flood and storm damage property. SERVPRO of Rolla has specialized equipment and knowledge to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition. We are always here to help, 24/7
Winter Is Coming! Here Are Some Tips To Prevent Pipes From Freezing.
It is that time of year that we are forced to be aware of frozen pipes. Winter weather is fast approaching and we would like to give a few tips to help prevent your pipes from freezing.
Do you know all the tips and tricks of protecting pipes from freezing? Frozen pipes are often those exposed to the cold weather, such as those that are located outside of your home. Additional cold areas to watch out for are areas such as basements, attics, and garages. Here are some frozen pipe prevention tips to help you out;
- Be prepared. Check your foundation, and locate all vents. Place foam insulation to block off those vents leading to crawlspace areas.
- When weather is extremely cold, let water drip from faucets that may come from exposed pipes.
- Open kitchen cabinets to let warm air circulate around plumbing lines.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night. In extreme cold weather you may want to raise the temperature in the home slightly.
- In the worst case, turn off the main water valve while the house is unoccupied. This will ensure that if a pipe freezes and breaks, the water loss will be limited only to the water contained within the pipe.
A frozen pipe that burst in your home can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. Make sure to always know where your shut off valve is located and call SERVPRO of Roll if the need arises.
SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help in our community and surrounding areas 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for all of your needs.