Is Your Emergency Supply Kit Ready?
No matter what time of year it is, in Missouri we should always be prepared. Weather it is Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter severe weather can happen anytime and anywhere. Knowing your risk of severe weather, taking action and setting an example are just a few steps that you can take to be better prepared to save your life and assist in saving the lives of others.
Keep informed on upcoming weather, and understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work.
Take action and put together or purchase an emergency kit. Keep important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Share your story with others. Your preparedness story will inspire others to do the same.
Here are some items for a emergency supply kit;
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food ( non perishable 3 day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask or bandannas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
You can never be to prepared for an emergency for your loved ones.