If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (573) 368-5555

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide: A Friendly Reminder

2/7/2019 (Permalink)

A little friendly reminder of the hazards of carbon monoxide.  Carbon monoxide is a gas that you can  not see, taste, or smell.  According to ready.gov. an average of 430 Americans die each year from unintentional carbon monoxide(CO) poisoning.  

CO poisoning is entirely preventable.  Protect yourself and your family by learning the symptoms of CO poisoning and how to prevent it.

How to Recognize CO Poisoning

The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion.  People who are sleeping or who have been drinking alcohol can die from CO poisoning before ever having symptoms.

CO Poisoning Prevention Tips

  • Have a Carbon Monoxide detector placed in your home and change the batteries every 6 months.
  • Have you heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician yearly.
  • Keep all vents and flues free of debris.
  • Never run a motor vehicle, generator, or any gasoline-powered engines less than 20 feet from an open window, door or vent where exhaust can vent into an enclosed area.
  • Never run a generator or any gas powered  engines in a basement.
  • If you suspect CO poisoning call 911 or a health care professional right away.

Prevention is Key.

Other News

View Recent Posts