Could You Have a Mold Problem?
Have you ever had a water damage and thought maybe that you could take care of it yourself? Even the smallest water damage can be a big deal. You think you have taken care of it and in a couple of weeks you start seeing mold? Even the smallest job can turn into the biggest one. When in need of help, you can always count on SERVPRO of Rolla.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and my enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies my produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed, otherwise the mold may return.
- Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If you see signs of Mold, call SERVPRO of Rolla, 573-368-5555 we are here to help!