"Undiscovered leaks don't just damage they can damage your bottom line."
SERVPRO of Rolla has Thermal Imaging equipment that can detect even the smallest amount of moisture in a home. After locating the water damage, SERVPRO of Rolla is trained in water extraction and drying to help get you back in business. SERVPRO of Rolla can help you protect your business or home from further damage due to water. Undiscovered leaks and moisture build-up can cause damage to the floors, walls and ceiling of your business or home, leading to soft dry wall, stained ceiling tiles and other more serious problems. Although the damage may go unnoticed for an extended period of time, timely and proper clean is vital to the restoration of your property and equipment. Even the smallest water damage can do the most damage, don't take the chance of missing something call SERVPRO of Rolla to come and help we are here 24/7! We are always here to help!
Water Damage Response Tips for Property Owners
Did you know even small water damage have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. The two primary components of a proper water restoration are : 1) fast action; and 2) thorough drying.
Here are some Tips:
* Identify the source of water and take immediate steps to stop further intrusion.
*Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
*Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and other table top items.
*Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushion for even drying
*Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and carpet
*Remove Oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpet.
*Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
* Avoid the use of all electrically-powered devices while standing on wet carpets or floors.
Call SERVPRO of Rolla at anytime to make sure everything is done right with no further damage.
"Like it never even happened"
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Did you know one out of every ten water incidents in a home is caused by a water heater or washing machine. Here are some Water Heater Maintenance Tips
* Before doing any maintenance on your water hater, shut off the power at the service panel.
* Once every three months, drain one gallon of water from the tank. If you have hard water, do this every month to reduce sediment collecting in the bottom of the tank.
* Once every two years, have your water heater inspected by a service technician.
* One every five years, have a service technician replace the anode rod.
SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help, 24/7. You can visit our website or call at anytime 573-368-5555.
"Like it never even happened"
Mold and Understanding
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and my enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even get a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead your to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Phelps County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips if You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and all fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Rolla for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don't touch or disturb the mold.
- Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Rolla specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it is a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call us Today-573-368-5555
Fire and Smoke Damages
When you have a fire in your home the first thought is to start cleaning up yourself. Washing clothes, shampooing carpet or upholstered furniture, attempt to clean appliances and ect. Here are some tips on you should not:
* Attempt to wash any walls or painted surface
* Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
* Attempt to clean any electrical appliance (TV sets, radio, VCR, DVD players, ect) that may have been close to fire, heat or water.
* Consume any food or beverage that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water.
* Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary changes.
* Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
Fire/Smoke damage can be naked to the eye and sometimes you don't know how extent the damage is. SERVPRO of Rolla will give you the right direction to take, the proper information and guide you through the whole process. SERVPRO of Rolla is here 24/7 call at anytime 573-368-5555
" Like it never even happened"
Storm Damage, Salem, MO
Picture before showing the damage
During the spring of this year Missouri had some pretty harsh weather. At the end of March Salem, MO was hit pretty hard with a tornado in the area that did a lot of damage to homes, tress, business and etc. The tornado caused this specific house a lot of damage to the inside and outside of the house with busting the windows out leaving glass throughout the home and tress down in the yard, and insulation all over the screen in patio. SERVPRO of Rolla was called in to clean up the aftermath! SERVPRO of Rolla had to make sure the home was safe for the owners to return and make sure all the little pieces of glass was removed, it was a challenge but a challenge we accepted and won! The owners were thrilled with the outcome. No job is to messy or big! SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help 24/7!
Flooded House in Salem, MO
This is a flooded laundry room caused by storms and heavy rain
A down pour and storms for several days caused this house to flood in Salem, MO. This picture shows the water standing in the home and affecting contents, walls and floors. SERVPRO of Rolla was called in to clean up the aftermath! Flooding can be so devastating to a home owner, business owner, etc. Water can travel fast with destroying things it comes in contact with. This house was up for sale and the home owner was upset that the entire house was affect with standing water, some parts more than others. SERVPRO of Rolla assured her that we would get her house back and dried out. SERVPRO of Rolla had to extract a lot of water from carpeted and hard surface areas. After extracting and setting air movers and dehumidification the house was dried and the home owner was more than pleased with the outcome. She trusted and let SERVPRO of Rolla do the work that needed to be done. No disaster is to big. SERVPRO of Rolla is here anytime, 24/7
Prevention of Mold
If you would like to prevent mold from happening, there are things that you can do to help.
*Keep the building and furnishings dry.
*When things get wet, make sure that they are dried quickly. (within 24-48 hours).
*Perform routine maintenance, cleaning, and repairs.
The key to mold prevention is moisture control. Water entry into buildings or crawl spaces should be controlled. If water enters a building through a leaking roof or because of a flood or accident, it should be removed immediately and all affected areas should be dried out.
Make sure to look in hidden areas. Special attention should be given to areas that do not stand out and that might have gotten wet. Areas frequently overlooked and not dried carefully include:
Behind walls-Ceilings-Crawl spaces-Attics
In general, all wet areas should be completely dried within 48 hours to prevent mold from growing.
Storm Damage Edgar Springs, MO.
The before picture shows where the roof was damaged and you can see outside from the inside of the home.
A storm that caused sever damage to the roof of the home causing the ceiling to collapse and roof to leak in Edgar Springs, MO. This before picture shows the mess left behind after the home owner removed some of the insulation from the floor. SERVPRO of Rolla was called in to clean up the aftermath! SERVPRO of Rolla was instructed to tarp the roof so no further damage would happen and do water restoration. The customer was so pleased that SERVPRO of Rolla tarp the roof for them and had their house clean up so no more damage could be done. Their home was completed in just 4 days and they were ready to move back in and start putting everything back. SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help, 24/7