Fire Tips for Homeowners
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Rolla can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO of Rolla provide timely response with mitigation service ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. Theses services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
SERVPRO of Rolla are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help your regain control quickly.
- What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
* Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
* Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
* Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
* Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
* Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
* Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
* Do not clean any electrical equipment.
* Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Are your air ducts dirty?
Air ducts before SERVPRO cleaned them.
Sweeping Away Years of Dust and Dirt-Helping Reduce Potential for Damage and Health Risks
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
A routine part of SERVPRO of Rolla service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
The SERVPRO Proven Duct Cleaning System is Cost Efficient
Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, SERVPRO of Rolla uses a Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
* The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the ducts shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
* Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
* Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
* As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
* Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Home Fire Safety Tips
Preparing a meal for company? Don't leave your kitchen unattended while entertaining your guest. Always stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling or using an open flame.
Did you know?
Did you know, washing machines are one of the most common source of water damage in the home? Follow these steps to avoid washing machine leaks:
* Never overload a machine
* Replace the washing machine intake hose every 5 years.
*Check sewer lines after a storm, before running a machine.
After demo of gutting of a flood house.
At the end of April 2017, Missouri had a lot of rain fall in little period of time causing, river, lakes, streets to flood, forcing families out of their homes, businesses to close down. Flooding is such a disaster and can really turn your life upside down. As the water started to go down and people were seeing the aftermath of the flood of their homes and business they had to make a quick decision and they needed a quick response.
We had a family contact us about their home that sits on the Gasconade river they have never experienced something like this. There house was under water for a couple of days, when they called the customer was in a panic we assured them we would get them back to pre loss conditions. They realized that their entire house would need to be completely gutted and thought they would never get back in there. After about 3 weeks of completely gutting, drying out and removing water from the crawlspace they were ready for build back and to get there house back to living. Our team was very quick to help and get them back to pre loss conditions. SERVPRO of Rolla is always here to help 24/7. No job is to big.
"Like it never even happened."
Do you have a mold problem?
Water damage that sat and turned into a big mold job.
Have you ever had a water damage and thought maybe you could take care of it yourself? Even the smallest water damage can be a big deal. You think you have taken care of it and in a couple of weeks you start seeing mold? Even the smallest job can turn into the biggest one. When in need of help, you can always count on, SERVPRO of Rolla.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- If you see signs of Mold, call SERVPRO of Rolla, 573-368-5555 we are here to service you 24/7.
Soda Blast Media
Fire - Soda Blast Demo
Here's a great example of baking soda abrasive blasting to remove soot carbon and even some light charring from wood after fire damage, without further damaging the structure.This technique is four times faster than hand sanding and brushing, and leaves wood with what can best be described as a “like new” appearance. An added bonus is the natural deodorization achieved while using this media. SERVPRO "Like it never even happened."